Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Raid a friend's closet.

Spring is finally here! The spring season may have started, but the spring weather has yet to arrive to Indiana. Personally, spring has alway meant the time for a new start or change. After spending months stuck indoors with not much to do, you have time to declutter your mind and to think of ways you can declutter your life.  Now that the winter season is over we can finally go outside to enjoy some sunshine and not need to hid behind bulky coats and chunky boots. It's time to transition into this spring season and new start. It's time to bring out your floral dresses, pastel cardigans, and comfortable sneakers. For some it may also be time to decluttering your closet and evidently time for spring cleaning!



With a little over month left of my spring semester of college, some of my friends have begun to sort out their stuff they don't need use anymore so they can start taking it back home. Others are realizing that they haven't even worn half the clothes they brought with them during the beginning months of fall semester. I fall in the latter end for this occasion. Even though my closet may be filled with clothes I haven't gotten around to wear, I could never refuse the free clothes my friends are offering me. It may come from the Mexican ideal of never refusing food people given to you, even after eating your own helping of food. All I know is, now I have some new additions in my wardrobe that I cannot wait to wear!





These two 3/4 length shirt are perfect for those 60 degree weather that is headed my way. I love how these shirts can be worn casually, but can also be dressed up easily for a night out with the girls. I actually just wore the ivory shirt this past Saturday and received many complements on it. Loving these two new additions to my closet!

The sleeves on this shirt are a bit too long on me, but I think I might turn this long sleeve shirt into a muscle tee tank top. Quirky shirts like this one are the best additions to have in your closet and great conversation starters. My friend's high school mascot was a hot dog. No joke. Cannot wait to represent the Frankfort Hot Dogs! 

This shirt looks like something straight out of a 90's movie. I just could not refuse this shirt when my friend showed it to me. 


These last two chiffon shirts will mostly likely not be worn till the end of spring season. I think a cute bralette and bandeau would look great under these shirts. 




If you are in need of some new pieces of clothing in your closet don't be afraid to ask a friend if you can raid their closet! I am sure they would not mind having help with decluttering their closet. And you might just end up with an article of clothing you never imagined you needed in your hands. Hope your spring season has been off to a great start! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment