Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Costume Idea: Frida Khalo

This costume was easier to put together than I thought it would be. In late September I had the idea that I would like to dress up as Frida Khalo for Halloween. During one of my trips to Goodwill I came across the dress I am wearing in the pictures below. I thought the dress looked like something Frida would have worn, so I purchased it. If you have a floral embroidered dress or shirt, you can use it when recreating this look. I chose to go really simple with my jewelry. Frida was known for wearing over lapped necklaces and dangly earrings. You can also wrap a red scarf around your neck like Frida liked to do. As for my shoes I decide to wear my white cut out detailed oxfords. For my hair I made two braids on the side and pinned it to the crown of my head. I added some artificial flowers to the middle of my braids, similarly to Frida. To round off this look I of course had to pencil in Frida's signature unibrow. Hope you enjoy this look.
Dress-Goodwill
Shoes-Target
Jewelry-Unknown
Scarf-Walmart 
Have a Happy Halloween & feliz Día de los Muertos. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment