Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Defeated my first college cold!


Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea Sampler, Goya honey with comb, limes. 

Tea mug I used. (My friend gave me this before I left for school.)
I'm feeling much better after a week long battle with the cold. I typically don't get sick easily, but I guess there is no way of avoiding a cold when you're consitently in close proximity with hundreds of sick college students. (All I could hear while I waited outside of my lecture hall were the sniffles and coughs coming from my classmates.) I drank chamomile tea from the Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea Sampler with a teaspoon of pure honey and half of a squeezed lime to help relieve my sore throat and cough. My grandma, Meche, would always prepare a hot tea like this for my sister and I whenever we felt ill as kids. I like making this Mexican remedy not only because it reminds me of home, but it also makes me feel instantly better. I definitely recommend preparing this tea if you are feeling sick. I usually make it before going to bed. Just warm up a cup of water (I sadly had to warm up my water in the microwave). Add your preferred flavor of tea. Then add your liking of honey. Finally squeeze half a lime. (If you don't like pulp, I would recommend using a lemon squeezer.) I hope this will also make you feel better. Ending thought: This past week I realized how a simple sickness as the common cold can easily effect my daily routine. I will not take any of my non-sick days for granted anymore. I hope you don't either. Be grateful you can breath clearly without having a congested nose. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment